There’s always space for yet another armor tutorial, right? (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Note that the armor I drew would be worn around 15th century, the more into the future the less and less components knight’s armor had (i. e. in early 14th century instead of greaves a knight would wear long boots only; in 12th century knights didn’t wear plate breastplates and instead a chain mail only). Also the design of armor pattern changed by year and was different in every country (i.e. in eastern Europe armors, while still looking European, were heavily influenced by Turkey). so just make sure you always do research whenever drawing an armor. And one more thing to keep in mind is that armors were expensive, knights wearing a full plate armor weren’t an often sight.
Some links that may be useful:
- Armour Archive (I strongly suggest to browse its forum, there is no country or period of which armor wouldn’t be discussed)
- Therion Arms (armorer’s page; each accessory is photographed in big resolution and several time so it’s a nice page to use as reference for drawing)
- Revival Clothing (another store, but both with medieval clothing and armors; I suggest to read the articles, they’re often supported with pictures)
- Basic Armouring:A Practical Introduction to Armour Making (pdf)
- Educational Charts (pdf, shows how armors and weapons changed over the years)
- Medieval & Renaissance Material Culture (actual medieval resources, mostly paintings. And my favourite subpage - women in armor)
- Dressing in Steel (youtube; a demonstration how to dress in armor)
- How shall a man be armed? (youtube; another demonstration but with 4 different knights from different periods)
- What position does your character sleep in? ( i.e; stomach, side, back, etc. ) Describe why they do this — optional.
- Does your character have any noteworthy features? Freckles? Dimples? A scar somewhere unusual? etc.
- Does your character have an accent? What does it sound…
Dude wtf…how the hell is this community going to rise above and come together if you go out of your way to talk mad shit about me?
FIrst off, despite the rumors, I do -NOT- smoke cocks. Smoking cocks is something that is not only impossible, if taken literally, but completely disgusting. I DO…
guys don’t fight just love come on
No he knows what he did. I’m just sick and tired of this. SICK AND TIRED!
Guys, c’mon. Don’t make me draw Crow and Mel kissing for you guys to make up.
Can we stop stirring the shit with the dicks? Share a big, beefy sausage and be friends again.
Am I the only one that’s a little offended by the fact that it seems to be two guilds and a few people being drama-flayers and everyone says the whole server is going to shit? I’m not the whole server and neither are most of the people I follow. This drama is not all of WrA….
All of this. Thank you Gentil.
I want them to argue. I want them to be sad. I want them to worry. I want there to be tension. Because that’s what a relationship is. They can love each other, but that doesn’t mean they get along or are happy all the time. It’s perfectly normal for people to be sad and worried or fight. Them being happy and loving all the time just doesn’t feel right to me.
:3 ty bby~~